[ecasound] MIDI controller latency

Subject: [ecasound] MIDI controller latency
From: ben@slumber.dhs.org
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 04:03:15 EET

I am using a PhatBoy with ecasound to control effects parameters in
realtime. I use -b 128 -r, which doesn't produce noticeable audio
latency, but the MIDI latency seems to be about a second. The full
command line is

ecasound -c -r -b 128 \
-a:0 -i:trinkets.wav -ef4:1,1 -km:1,0,1,47,3 -km:2,0,1,48, 3 -o:/dev/dsp

I'm using ecasound v1.8.5d15. When I play SpiralSynth with my keyboard
there is no noticeable latency. What could be going on?

Ben