Re: [ecasound] Reverb

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Reverb
From: Anthony Paul Van Groningen (avan@csd.uwm.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 01:50:44 EET

>Have you tried outputting to file and then playing that back?
>Is the blast still present? Another thing to try is to add silence
>to the start of the loop (just for testing of course). Hmm, something
>like "ecasound -i loop.wav -o padded_loop.wav -y:2" adds 2secs of padding
>before the loop starts.

Well I just tried this. I still get the pop :( at the beginning. Tried it
on multiple waves. I tried converting it to .raw. Same problem. Padding
provides an immediate solution, but still I don't like this fix. It
doesn't seem to matter if I do this in real time or not. Some testing
seems to show that the amount of noise is determined by the wet-%
parameter. Is it possible that some buffer is used uninitialised?

I haven't really dived into the code myself. I have some time before
school starts - maybe I will look at it.

Anthony <avan@uwm.edu>