Re: [ecasound] Reverb

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Reverb
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 02:02:06 EET

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Anthony Paul Van Groningen wrote:

> ecasound -a:1 loop.wav -ete:10,50,50
[...]
> I get an initial blast of reverb. It's hard to describe. I don't think the
> wav has any 'pop' at the beginning to trigger this since it occurs with
> other wav's as well. I have tried the stable rpm dist. along with trying

Have you tried outputting to file and then playing that back?
Is the blast still present? Another thing to try is to add silence
to the start of the loop (just for testing of course). Hmm, something
like "ecasound -i loop.wav -o padded_loop.wav -y:2" adds 2secs of padding
before the loop starts.