[ecasound] still alive

Subject: [ecasound] still alive
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 22:39:12 EET

Ok, a quick ecasound status overview. As you've probably noticed, I've
been very busy lately. And now it seems that the current situation will
continue at least the next few weeks. But I guess this is a good time to
take a break in development. As it is now, the next step will be to
release a new stable version. So no big new features will be added to
1.8.x. But there's still lots of bugs to be fixed before.

Things that still need work:
        - wrap up the freebsd patches
        - catch ALSA 0.6.x CVS-tree
        - ewf handling bug
        - ogg vorbis related fixes
        - tidy up the ECI stuff
        - investigate libaudiofile 0.2.x

... I don't think we can totally freeze ECI just yet. It'll be as it is
now in 1.8.x stable, but the API might still go through some
(although probably small) changes during 1.9.x development.
Hmm, and yup, I'm leaving the MIDI-rewrite to 1.9.x as planned.

I've receive lots of email (both this list and personal), and I intend to
answer them, if at all possible. But now back to work...