Subject: [ecasound] ecawave
From: Rob Coker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 18:11:51 EET
I've had a little trouble compiling and getting ecawave to run:
1. I've got qt and qt2 on my machine - also a moc and moc2. I had to
manually edit files to get MOC to point to moc2. Is there an easier way?
2. I specified the qt2 directory and configure found it ok, but then make
didn't use it. Again, I manually edited the Makefile.
3. It didn't find the ecasound and qtecasound headers in config. It seemed
at least with the ecasound headers that the configure script took
/usr/local/include/ecasound as part of the search path, but then looked for
ecasound/eca-version.h instead of just eca-version.h. In other words, it
looks like the final path was
/usr/local/include/ecasound/ecasound/eca-version.h - which doesn't exist.
4. The qtecasound_libraries variable was never set in the Makefile, so it
didn't link right. I manually added -lqtecasound to the link flags.
5. After I got it to compile, link and install, it won't run. It can't find
the ecasound library. From examining an strace output, it looks in places
like ~/.kde/.... and other places as well. Any place but /usr/local/lib.
Now qtecasound and ecasound do just fine and do look in /usr/local/lib. I
have no idea why ecawave looks all these different places. Can anyone help
me with this?
Do other people have these problems or is it just that I've got a weird
-- To unsubscribe send message 'unsubscribe' in the body of the message to <email@example.com>.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Fri Dec 29 2000 - 18:23:23 EET