Re: [ecasound] MIDI sync testing

Subject: Re: [ecasound] MIDI sync testing
From: Junichi Uekawa (
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 19:02:22 EET

In Mon, 18 Dec 2000 06:58:17 +0200 (EET) Kai Vehmanen <> cum veritate scripsit :

> Ok, but all this is still vaporware. I have a working hack, but it's
> something that will never ever end up in the actual source tree. ;) I'm
> still not sure, how much effort should be put to the MIDI-subsystem.
> Writing a complete MIDI system would be quite a task (well, months of
> work, at least). Hmm, but it might be better to keep the design relatively
> simple. I've been trying to come up with all possible uses of MIDI in
> ecasound, and the three most important cases seem to be:

I don't know if it can be done already, but what I really want to do is to
sync ecasound with VS1680 (which is a hardware Hard Disk Recorder).

It should be nice if I could start recording on ecasound, and VS1680 starts playing back
and vice-versa, or dynamically mix sound from PC and VS1680 tracks.

I don't carry my PC around to recording studios, but I can carry my VS1680.
If I can work with pre-mixed data (I now do a stereo mix to download to PC
and process the stereo mix), and experiment with ecasound, it would really be nice.

University:    Netfort:
dancer, a.k.a. Junichi Uekawa
 Dept. of Knowledge Engineering and Computer Science, Doshisha University.
... Long Live Free Software, LIBERTAS OMNI VINCIT.
message to <>.