[ecasound] Noise reduction

Subject: [ecasound] Noise reduction
From: Ben Crowder (crowderb@netbrick.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 22:06:53 EET

Hello,

First I must say that I've been very impressed with ecasound so far. I
love the clean design, and it just feels wonderful! ;) Now on to my
question: I've recorded some music from cassette tape into wave files. As
those of you who have done this know, there is background noise that is
quite noticeable. Is there any way to reduce or eliminate this in
ecasound? I've tried some of the filters (I don't know much about DSP
which is hindering my progress), but I haven't yet been able to get
results. Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Ben

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort
and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
  -- Martin Luther King, Jr.