Re: [ecasound] problems compiling a debug version of ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems compiling a debug version of ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 22:47:33 EET

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> when trying to make a debug version of ecasound, even though I picked
> --disable-qt, qt binaries are tried to build anyway.

Yes, this is a known problem. As far I understand, ecasound's
configure.in is correct, but still --disable-qt doesn't work on all
occasions.

> also ecasound_debug wants libecasound_debug.so.3, so I symlinked
> libecasound_debug.so.1 to libecasound_debug.so.3

libecasound version number changes quite often, so you should always
run ldconfig if you install new libecasound versions. Notice that
libecasound's version numbering is independent from ecasound versions.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing