[ecasound] Splitting music with a fade

Subject: [ecasound] Splitting music with a fade
From: Phillip Cole (ukpgc@p.cole.easynet.co.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 16:07:25 EET

Hi,

I would like to use ecasound in the following way:

  1. Take a long piece of music
  2. Find the length of it
  3. Use ecasound to play the first half of the music, and then have a
     seemless fifteen second fade to nothing.
  4. Reverse step 3 to fade in for 15 seconds and then play the second
     half of the music.

I can do steps 1 & 2, but I'm stuck on 3 & 4. I can get it to fade, I can
get it to play for a set length of time, but I can't get it to join the
two together.

Is this possible with ecasound?

Any help would be greatly apreciated

--