Re: [ecasound] c-bypass, how to recover from this

Subject: Re: [ecasound] c-bypass, how to recover from this
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net )
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 04:25:41 EET

well I started ecasound, applied a compresser to a chain, then had to
apply an amplifier for over 4000 percent, then bypassed it. no matter how
many times I c-bypass, it will not unbypass. if I add an effect, it will
of course work.

I also cannot name the chain, whatever it starts with is what I get, and
if I try to create a new chain, I get a seg fault. (I think I reported
that already, not sure)

I plan to attempt recording multiple chains at once to see if things are
better in 1.6 vs 1.5.

I have noticed a difference in the combination of:

-efr:1000,1000 -efb:1000,1000

This should result in very little leakage, which on 1.5 it results on a
small leakage. On 1.6, however, the leakage is much more pronounced.

not sure which effect is at fault.

_J