Re: [ecasound] 1.6.4d6: problems with adding chains

Subject: Re: [ecasound] 1.6.4d6: problems with adding chains
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 23:04:43 EET

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> The following was seen. btw, I prefer underlines rather than dashes, so
> I'd like to see c_add, c_remove, etc.

I'll add support for this.

> ecasound ('h' for help)> c-add scifi
[...]
> ecasound_debug: eca-chain.cpp:172: void CHAIN::init(): Assertion `input_id
> != 0' failed.
> Unexpected interrupt... cleaning up.

The problem here is: all chains in a connected chainsetup must always
be attached to one input and output. I'll try to come up with a way to
warn about this. You can get around theese problems by always
disconnecting your chainsetups before doing configuration changes.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing