Re: [ecasound] 1.6.3D6: problems with -ev effect

Subject: Re: [ecasound] 1.6.3D6: problems with -ev effect
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 13:23:46 EET

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> A core was generated when I tried to use the ev effect. What is up with
> this?

Not an easy one to find...

> ecasound ('h' for help)> -ev
> (eca-controller) Warning! This operation requires that chainsetup is
> disconnected. Temporarily disconnecting...

It might help, if you disconnect and connect chainsetups manually
(cs-connect and cs-disconnect). This automatic disconnect/connect
might still cause problems.

> ecasound ('h' for help)> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> [jhall@Peppy jhall]$
>
> I did not edit the makefile and force -g, maybe I will go do that. :-(

And even better, compile a separate _debug version. In addition to
symbol info (-g), all assertations are checks (and there're a _lot_
of them). When an assertation fails, you know exactly where and why
things went wrong. See ecasound FAQ1.3 for more info about this.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing