Re: [ecasound] development release: 1.6.0d6

Subject: Re: [ecasound] development release: 1.6.0d6
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 22:59:25 EET

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

>> 081199 (v1.6.0d6)
>> - removed: 'sfx' command (iactive-mode)
> Why is this? why also to remove looping? Both features I find useful and I
> use them often. Looping, where it applies, can be used to nail down a
> precise marker for audio operations, and sfx can show you the difference
> in the original signal and the effected signal. Unless these are
> extremely difficult to implement, I would like to see them show up again.

Well, these were implemented directly on the engine level. As ecasound
has 6 different mixing algorithms, I've had to cut&paste looping and sfx
functionality between these routines. This is not very elegant. I'll try
to come up with better implementations for these features. For
instance, I could add a c-sfx command for enabling/disabling chains's
effects. By selecting all chains, you have the same functionality as
the old sfx.

Looping is somewhat more difficult. I guess it would be best to
implement it via regions (normal region, looped region, reverse
region, etc).

Ideas?

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland