[ecasound] a new kind of gate

Subject: [ecasound] a new kind of gate
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net )
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 16:11:20 EET

Hi,

The gate that we currently have will rotate out the sound if it falls
below a threshold, but I want one that does this, but also in the live
sound can take out this cruft as well.

The application I am thinking of is digitizing a tape that has background
noise associated with it. I wonder, would dynamics of the music be
severely distorted?

Would this be difficult to edit out?

_J